Weekend Recap

It's been a while since I wrote a normal blog post I've almost forgotten how. Time to get back into it now that I've recovered from the A-Z challenge.

This weekend was so much fun! One of my roommates got engaged!
I've know her fiancé was going to pop the question since January and I am so excited that I don't have to keep it a secret any longer.

Because as you know...I am the worst secret keeper ever!  And wedding talk seems to come up a A LOT around our house- it's basically a miracle I managed not to spill the beans. Of course I did tell our other roommate immediately after her fiancĂ© told me to keep it to myself (he didn't know about my secret-keeping track record) ... oh well. I have to tell at least one person or I will burst.

So while the two lovebirds were out of town getting engaged, my other roommate and I ran around all weekend to plan a surprise engagement party for their return yesterday. We invited over a bunch of their friends, decorated the house, made a ton of food, and readied the champagne.  

That's the newly engaged roommate in the center- as you can see it took us a few tries to get a decent picture. We're easily distracted- but don't the pom-poms make a cute background prop?  They are super easy to make and they do a lot to up the cuteness of our house- we might just leave them up permanently.

I want to share two new recipes I tried for this party that were big Pinterest successes (I can now almost check off #40 from my list- try 10 pinterest recipes). First, these absolutely delicious bacon wrapped smokies in a brown sugar-maple glaze. They don't take that long to assemble and they were gone in a minute- hence no picture. They are definitely a crowd pleaser-especially when your crowd includes ten guys (bacon wrapped bacon seems to be pretty much every guy's fantasy food).

I also made these vanilla bean cupcakes. They were so moist and  I love the little flecks of vanilla in the cake. Plus, they turned out quite pretty if I do say so myself...
It was such a good weekend celebrating those two sweet friends. I am getting so excited for the warmer days ahead and this little party definitely set the mood for a fun-filled summer. 

Comments

  1. Those cupcakes look delicious! What great roommates you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your roommate! And what a great friend are you?! That party was so sweet!

    -Katie at AdventuringAtHome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your craftiness...the pom poms are cute! So are you girls : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing the A-Z April Blogging Challenge! We made it! BTW, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Enjoy! http://ventimochamoments.com/2013/05/09/thank-you/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I bumped into your mom through the Five Minute Freewrites, and she told me about your blog :) Love your blog name ;) And that you are a 20 something from DC! I will definitely be following your blog with what seems to be some wonderful adventures!

    Andrea
    www.sincerelyandrea.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment