Breakfast Casserole

Here is the recipe for the breakfast casserole I made for last weekend. My family makes it every Christmas morning and large family get-togethers so it always reminds me lots of talking and celebrating and perfect family time, and since these girls are like my family this was obvious thing to make for breakfast. This is such an easy recipe plus the best part is you make it the night before then pop it in the oven in the morning!* Try it this weekend!
*remember I said I made it at 2 am?

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb sausage
3 c. milk
1 tsp salt
9 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
3 slices white bread (cut into 1/4 " cubes)
2 c grated cheese

Directions:
1. Brown and crumble sausage and drain well.
2. Mix eggs, milk, mustard and salt.
3. Stir in bread, sausage and cheese.
4. Pour into a greased 13x9 pan.
5. Cover w/foil and refrigerate over night.
6. In the morning bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

I like mine with a little bit of salsa on top and a big glass of orange juice. On Saturday we also made a fruit salad and I made Muffins That Taste Like Donuts from PW's Tasty Kitchen for a little something sweet.

Comments

  1. Sounds easy enough to do..thanks for sharing the recipe. This is the first Christmas I will be spending without family so I may have to make this. My Mom always makes some Casserole but honestly we don't love it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment